Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Adventure - RIP Rykas

Before the race.....



My faithful Rykas have gone to Shoe Heaven - yes I do believe there is such a place and please do not inform me otherwise.  :p


You can read about my Weekend Adventure participating in a Mud Run event at my weight loss and fitness blog here in a few days but I thought I'd put up a few photos - because after all it was a Shoe Adventure. 

As scary as it was to start and truthfully some of the obstacles were a little "Gah" worthy it was one of the most fun things I have ever done. I was asked a fair bit yesterday just one little word.....

"Why?"


And my answer?


"I wanted to see if I could. And it turned out to be a lot of fun!"


Have you ever done something that has pushed you right out of your comfort zone and it's turned out to be one of the most fun things you've done? Leave me a comment below and tell me about it. Or if you want to just comment on my muddy complexion - well you can do that too! 






2 comments:

  1. A very suitable farewell job for your Rykes! It looks like you had a lot of fun. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I just don't know if I could muster up the courage to participate in a "mud" event like that. I give you serious props!!! I never thought I'd be able to "tent" it out in the African Bush...so I guess that would count as pushing me over and beyond my comfort zones. Thank God for No-Rinse shampoo. :)))))

    ReplyDelete