Thursday, November 10, 2011

I HEART colour! In COLOUR Heaven!

This afternoon I accidentally went shopping.


Yes. One can accidentally go shopping. It happens. ;)


I went to my local Westfields not to purchase anything but to partake of their 3 hours free parking while I went and signed some paperwork for my parents down the road. 


So of course I was going to be looking in a few store windows. 


And how could I not with all that amazing, gorgeous, fabulous, smile inducing COLOUR staring me in the face?!


Can you tell I practically withered and died during the pastels and the weird throwback to the late 80's/early 90's floral era with the subdued tones everywhere? 


Now don't get me wrong. I adore a nude shoe. I haven't yet told you the story of dragging my poor friend around every major shoe store & Department store in Jakarta, Indonesia that she knew for hours on the day that I was leaving to come back home, on the hunt for the perfect mid heel, peep toe, nude but not  a pinky nude but also not a camel nude but more of a biscuit nude heel. 


In case you were wondering that was my exact requirements. And yes the shoes were found...eventually....but not after numerous stalking incidents by persistent shop assistants- lol ....and purchased after they whispered my name rather persistently ;)


So today it seemed everywhere I looked there was COLOUR - shoes, handbags, clothes! Love! Love! Love!


It was so hard to drag myself out of certain shoe stores. Siren is killing me with their COLOUR collection as is Tony Bianco. Gah!!!


My summer wardrobe is almost zero so clothes were a most excellent compromise. And I kept telling myself that Jakarta and Singapore beckon later this year - better for shoes than for clothes buying ;)




So I bought two tops in COLOUR one pink and one bright green.


The bright green I am also going to combine for a few things coming up with an turquoise shrug I also bought today and my yellow-somewhat-worse-for-wear-but-you-won't-notice-that-when-I-have-them-on thongs. 
Susan Grae top $19.95 & Shrug $29.95 


What do you think? Are you braving and embracing the COLOUR trend with arms wide open this Spring/Summer? Like me, are you hoping it will continue into 
Autumn/Winter ? 


2 comments:

  1. I love the colour trend! But, I tend to hide out in jeans and a dark t-shirt most of the time. Tonight I did rock some summery shorts and a red striped singlet like the superstar I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour in your wardrobe, as well as your outlook at the moment Vik! xo

    ReplyDelete